What’s your game plan?
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner … do you have a game plan? As Denver and Seattle go head to head, don’t forget to use yours! Whether you are having friends over or you’re watching the game at a friend’s house or sports bar, there are safety precautions you can take to make sure everyone “arrives alive” when they go home.
If you are having friends over, here are simple tips to be a responsible host:
- Before the game even starts, check that everyone has a designated sober driver to get home
- Provide protein-rich foods like meats and cheeses or finger sandwiches; salty snacks tend to make people want to drink more
- There should ALWAYS be non-alcoholic beverages available
- Stop serving alcoholic beverages between the 3rd and 4th quarter (just like NFL stadiums!)
If you are spending game day at a friend’s place, a bar, or a restaurant, these tips should be part of your Game Day Game Plan:
- Have a designated sober driver before you leave home (or be one yourself)
- Be mindful of drinking on an empty stomach and eat foods high in protein
- Pace yourself! Take breaks and alternate with non-alcoholic drinks
- Be a true friend by keeping an eye on your friends and make sure no one drives if they’re intoxicated
No matter who you’re cheering for, following these safety tips are a game day WIN!