Don’t Lose Your Cool This Winter
The holiday season is a stressful time of year for many, and the roadways may get more congested than ever. Frustration and anger can make for some nasty driving behavior, so if you’re feeling like steam is about to blow out your ears, TrafficSchool.com has 5 pointers for maintaining your calm to avoid becoming an aggressive driver (and to avoid a ticket!)
1) Relaaaaaxxx – taking slow, deep breaths and concentrating on your breath can help calm down angry feelings. Listening to a calming CD can also curb agitation. Or put your favorite music on to make your car time more enjoyable.
2) Drive the speed limit – fewer accidents occur when vehicles are traveling at or about the same speed.
3) Find alternate routes – You may find a route that is less congested, more enjoyable, or at least a nice change from your usual everyday trips.
4) Take advantage of public transportation when you can and avoid dealing with traffic altogether!
5) Just be late. If you are not going to make it to your destination in time, just accept that you will be late. Simple as that. Better to arrive late safely than to put yourself and other drivers at risk.